Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
your recommendation please!!

Posted by ducklady1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 10, 05 at 19:40

I am looking at buying an embroidery machine--does anyone have any experience or opinions about the Elna XQuisit, Pfaff Creative 2144, Singer Quantum XL 5000, or the Brother Innov-is 4000D???? I would appreciate any and all input:) Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: your recommendation please!!

Hi there ducklady.....You did not mention the Janome 10001...I just bought it this last summer and I am really addicted to it.....I does a wonderful job....it is sewing machine as well as embroidery...I think the most important thing is buying from people you like and that will help you.....There is a lot to learn about machine embroidery....Hope you get a machine soon...you will have so much fun!!!...good luck...Judy

o

don't hesitate, get one. With the largest possible embroidery hoop. Mine is a Brother,& I love it! Built extremely well.

o

Hey, Ducklady, I've got a Bernina Artista 200 that is absolutely fabulous (but rather expensive...you didn't indicate a price range). It's an embroidery and sewing machine. Uses design CD's in its included CD reader. It has a Mega-hoop too (an extra cost, but sometime dealers will throw it in). Important to find a dealer who has on-going software classes. I've been going to classes once a month for about 14 months and learn new stuff all the time.

Mary L

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here