Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help with embroidery

Posted by disneyfan (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 21, 07 at 19:24

Hello all,

I just purchased a brother se-270 disney, hoping to embroidery some shirts, i'm already frustrated. really researched info online before buying and thought i would love it. and i really want to. i don't see anywhere in the book where it says that you have to have the same color thread in the bobbin as the top thread. can someone tell me if you do, because i put my name on a shirt and it's black and white, the top thread is black and the bobbin is white. that seems like it will really be a pain to change the bobbin color too. sorry to have written so much for just wanting a simple answer. thanks in advance for a simple answer....i hope :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help with embroidery

you don't have to have the same colour bobbin thread. I think that there are just black and white on the market.
You need to adjust the tension.
Embroider your name on a test piece of fabric and play with the tension until you don't see any more bobbin thread on top.

o

It's personal preference although if the item is visible top and underneath, you can use the same thread top and bottom.

Be patient with yourself and your machine. Machine embroidery is a learning process gained through experience and study. Keep asking questions about items your manual does not cover (read it several times, the first time it reads like mud).

There are several yahoo groups dedicated to your machine that have a wealth of knowledge to learn from.

o

Thanks, I really want to like this machine. I will look at the yahoo groups for info too. I

o

You really only need 2 or three colors for the bobbins, Black, white and maybe tan. If you are embroidering with black, use a black bobbin. When the color from the bobbin shows on top it is usually the tension that is off. Colleen

o

I got the same machine for Christmas. I had the upper thread in incorrectly. Are you useing the embroidery thread that has a color top? If so, remove the color piece. That is what I had wrong. Hope this helps...when it works it is a lot of fun.

o

Stitchtime9 ~ Thanks for tip on groups in Yahoo!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here