Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embroidery machine question

Posted by luv2craft (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 17, 10 at 17:58

Hi I don't post here often, just only when I have questions. I was wondering if anyone has the Designer Topaz 20 embroidery machine? I have been looking at other embroidery machines and was shown a Ellison? and Esante embroidery machine. I read somewhere that a Janome 11000 has problems with the bobbin feeds but don't know if that is true. I have my eye on the Designer Topaz 20 and 30 and was wondering if anyone has it, a neighbor, friend, relative, and can tell me how much they like it? Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embroidery machine question

I have a Topaz 20. I have had it for 1 year. It took me a while to learn how to "trouble shoot", but I love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

o

I have an older Brother 8500 (which was the top of the line years ago and which is like the Babylock Esante I think). It is great and is a sewing and emb. machine. If I could afford it, I would buy the Brother or Babylock (same company) 6 thread machine!!!
Good Luck and tell us what you buy.

o

I have a Janome 9700 and I love it both for sewing and embroidery.

o

I would go with the Topaz 30 over the 20 if you can swing it. The 30 gives you a bit more room for larger hoops. The Topaz's only drawback is its small LCD screen, but its a super machine. I pl;ayed with one a few times at the Viking dealers and have seen many of them leaave the store with customers. Other than size they can do what the Diamond model can do. We bought the Diamond and could not be happier. Look around there are some great deals to be had new from dealers. The machines sold on Eba for less money is a bargain if you do not mind that contrary to what they sa they are not warranted, due to how tjhey were sold, as Husky does not authorize any internet sales of ANYTHING. So what they do is drop the warranties the items have.

o

Go to your local Brother dealer before you purchase a machine. These machines are so user friendly that out of the box you can be embroidering without classes. I have the Brother Innovis 4000D and really love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here