Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm dyeing....

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 16:53

I'm still working on the veil. I ordered a white, dyeable monogram and now need to get it from stark white to ivory...I tried tea staining but it came out blotchy. Cousin suggested I try painting it with water color paint, but I'm not sure that will make it evenly colored and the threads in the monogram lose their sheen.

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm dyeing....

Use a good commercial dye

o

I bought some fabric dye and more monograms, so I have some to play with....it's such a subtle difference in color, but so important.

Thanks, lazygardens!

o

I don't know anything about dying fabric. Here's an idea... if you have a local shoe repair store nearby, ask them what they use to dye shoes from white to ivory. Some brides take their shoes to places like this to have their shoes dyed.

o

Thanks laurie, my gf suggested the same thing, so if my own attempt is a failure, I can try that too or someone suggested dry cleaners or tailors may know people who are familiar with dyeing fabrics....

I appreciate all the help I can get.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here