Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does any brand of usb stick work on Designer SE

Posted by mfindell (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 27, 09 at 16:52

Just bought a barely used Designer SE and got home and noticed the USB stick was not with it. Does anybody know if these sticks come with designs on them or are they just a storage device? Can you use any generic USB? Any info on these devices would be greatly appreciated. I could call the sewing center I bought it from and they could call the prev. owner but if it is generic I will just use one I have. Thanks guys. I am fairly new to this forum and have noticed everyone is so friendly and helpful! This site rocks!
Melinda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does any brand of usb stick work on Designer SE

I will put my own answer here. I found out at an embroidery cub session that the brand does not matter but it has to be 1.1 compatable.

o

Hello mfindell! If I have a regular stick for my computer and it's a 2mg, can I use it? Im trying to purchase a USB stick but they are so expensive. Will it fit onto the Vicking Designer I machine and do I have to format it somehow to fit the machine? Thank you for your attention.

o

I would check with the dealer. Viking used to put their included designs and lettering fonts on external storage devices. My old D1 had everything on floppies. You might be missing your backup files. The Bernina 200/730 puts them on the memory stick. HTH, Todd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here