Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
CE200 on Windows ME

Posted by janicemusselman (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 20, 07 at 16:07

I have two laptops with Windows ME ... I can install the Futura software, the AutoPunch, and the Hyperfonts ... However, when I open the software, it tells me that the machine is not connected. It appears that it is not reading the USB port properly ... I know that it works, because when I put the printer and/or the keyboard on the USB port, it works fine. So, it is the Software that is not reading the port, and not somethng wrong with the port ...
Help!
thanks
Janice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: CE200 on Windows ME

Most builds of ME will not automaticly connect or 'see' a device on the USB port. Keyboards and mice have built in drivers, but not so for embroidery software. This behavior was fixed in 2000 and up. You almost for sure will need a USB driver for your software or you will need to run a latter version of Windows. If the software was not designed to run on 16bit Windows (95,ME) then Futura may have a patch or 95/Me patch.

o
RE: CE200 on Windows ME

I had the software on Windows Me. The instruction book that comes with the software is quite clear on how to get Windows Me to recognize the device. The computer needs to recognize the Clem driver. If you call Singer support, they will lead you through the whole process. Look in your machine manual and the other documentation that comes with your machine, the number is there.

First, you have a device conflict from switching different devices on one port. That started your problems. What you should get ($20 or less cost) is a 4 port USB hub that plugs into the main USB port, and plug the machine and your other devices into the hub, and keep one port dedicated to that device.

My other thought is that you did hardware recognition in the wrong order..you are okay on software. Try plugging the machine into the computer with the machine and the computer off. Do a cold boot. When everything is on your desktop, turn futura on to see if device manager recognizes the device. If it does, you are good to go. Please remember to always not open the futura program until after the machine is turned on and do not switch devices on that one port.

There are several yahoo groups dedicated to futura that will help you with the learning and practice portion. There are things not in the manual they will help you with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here