Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PE Design

Posted by LadyBee60 (gfournie@rocler.qc.ca) on
Thu, Jan 13, 05 at 14:10

I have PE Design Version 1 with card reader/writer box and also have Palette Version 3.

Would like to upgrade to PE Design Version 5 or 6.

Will my box still work and are the versions for sale on E-Bay worthwhile

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PE Design

Best thing I could tell you would be to call Brother. I called Vikant to see if I could use my Ultimate box with the PE Design I found on ebay and was told that Brother made the software so it wouldn't work without the Brother box. I would think you could use the original Brother box with the newer versions, but it would be best to check with Brother instead of taking my word for it. Don't know about the ones on ebay being worthwhile. The one I saw was going for $68 at the time I saw it with sevearl days to go, but didn't have the brother box with it, so after calling Vikant, I didn't bother to bid.

o

Unfortunately I believeBrother changed from using a "dongle" in the original versions to including the security device on the transfer box in Version 5, but I have no knowledge of version 1 although I doubt it would work. Its very artful but the only consolation is that once you have the Brother box, you can buy and use Vikant cards which have 3 times the capacity of the Brother ones and are, of course, much cheaper!!

o

I do have the Brother box, but I bought it with Version 1, and that was over eight years ago.

I updated to version 2, and the everything works fine.

I will try and update to version 5, via E-bay and see what happens.

With thanks for your replies.

o

The upgrade to version 5 or 6 includes a new reader/writer and card. PLEASE make sure anything you buy includes these, because the old reader/writer WILL NOT work for the new version. I tried to use my old reader/writer and card when I first got my upgrade, just to see. It doesn't work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here