Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Janome 350e downloads

Posted by carlene (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 5, 07 at 11:47

I am trying to figure out how to download designs from the internet and tansfer them to my machine! I have a flash drive and dragged the designs to the flash driver then put it into the USB port on my machine. Nothing..........

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Janome 350e downloads

It's not difficult.
Before you start, turn off the janome. Put the flashcard in the holder, insert it into the machine, then turn the machine on. This will format your flashcard.
1. Download your designs making sure you've downloaded in.Jef format, of get yourself a free software to convert.
2. The easiest way is to make yourself a series of folders on your computer so you can sort the designs into categories. Animals, alphabets etc. If you do this from the start, it will make your life easier as there are millions of freebies out there!
3.Put your flashcard in the appropriate slot - I use a slot on my printer for example. Copy/save your design to the flashcard making sure that you save it to the EMBF5 file not the Comp file. Then, when you turn on your machine, you'll see the designs.
Good luck and don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any other questions.

o

Thank you Islay! I have not purchased the flashcard and adapter as yet! I was trying to go thru the USB port that the 350e has. Nothing...........

o

I just purchased the 350e a few days ago and use the USB stick to get designs to the machine. Put the memory stick in the USB port and turn the machine on. This will format the stick.On your C drive click on drive which has the memory stick - click on it until you have folder that says My Designs then drag and drop your designs (in Jef format)to the My Designs folder. Now your USB stick is ready to use. Put the stick in your machine and the My Designs folder will appear - click on it and there are your designs. This is a quick way to get started with out buying anything but the stick which is very inexpensive. I have ordered the Sandisk adapter and card to see how it works but so far am happy with the USB stick. Later, if you don't already have it, buy Embird, it will convert to jef and resize, combine designs etc. and just about anything you have time to learn about machine embroidery and it is reasonably priced.

o

Oh my goodness Postex you did it!
You have gone where I have not!
Will you be my new best-friend!
Thank you so much!
It works!
Carlene

o

lookout! Carlene's in love again! hahahahahahaha...glad you figured it out toots...
Carlene? ....
Car?????
CAR>>>>>>????
yup..off to embroidery..we might never see her again...
hehehehehehehe
Lisa

o

I just got this machine and am floundering. How long should it take to format the USB stick? The screen came up that says do not remove and its been there for 10 min or so now. Can you advise?

Jackie

o

I just bought a Janome 350e and my dealer said I have to buy a digitizer JR software package. He said I can't download any embroidery designs from the internet without installing this software first. It costs $500.00 and I don't want to buy it if I don't really need it. I have a USB flash drive but I can't figure out how to use it. Help!

o

Kathykraft

With a USB stick you can download designs in the Jef format to your machine without buying anything else. You can purchase Embird to convert designs to Jef. It does lots of things the more expensive programs do. It is about $100. It isn't too difficult to learn and there are Embird forums with lots of help or you can buy tutorials. See my earlier post and maybe that will help. You have a nice machine and it will be fun to learn to embroider.

o

thanks for this info.

o

I heard there was a Janome upgrade that you could download that would enable you to use a giga hoop on a 350E. I went on the Janome web site and could not find anything. Does anyone know about this?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here