Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlene_gw

Janome 350e downloads

carlene
17 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to download designs from the internet and tansfer them to my machine! I have a flash drive and dragged the designs to the flash driver then put it into the USB port on my machine. Nothing..........

Comments (13)

• Islay_Corbel
    17 years ago

It's not difficult.
    Before you start, turn off the janome. Put the flashcard in the holder, insert it into the machine, then turn the machine on. This will format your flashcard.
    1. Download your designs making sure you've downloaded in.Jef format, of get yourself a free software to convert.
    2. The easiest way is to make yourself a series of folders on your computer so you can sort the designs into categories. Animals, alphabets etc. If you do this from the start, it will make your life easier as there are millions of freebies out there!
    3.Put your flashcard in the appropriate slot - I use a slot on my printer for example. Copy/save your design to the flashcard making sure that you save it to the EMBF5 file not the Comp file. Then, when you turn on your machine, you'll see the designs.
    Good luck and don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any other questions.

• carlene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Islay! I have not purchased the flashcard and adapter as yet! I was trying to go thru the USB port that the 350e has. Nothing...........

• postex
    17 years ago

I just purchased the 350e a few days ago and use the USB stick to get designs to the machine. Put the memory stick in the USB port and turn the machine on. This will format the stick.On your C drive click on drive which has the memory stick - click on it until you have folder that says My Designs then drag and drop your designs (in Jef format)to the My Designs folder. Now your USB stick is ready to use. Put the stick in your machine and the My Designs folder will appear - click on it and there are your designs. This is a quick way to get started with out buying anything but the stick which is very inexpensive. I have ordered the Sandisk adapter and card to see how it works but so far am happy with the USB stick. Later, if you don't already have it, buy Embird, it will convert to jef and resize, combine designs etc. and just about anything you have time to learn about machine embroidery and it is reasonably priced.

• carlene
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh my goodness Postex you did it!
    You have gone where I have not!
    Will you be my new best-friend!
    Thank you so much!
    It works!
    Carlene

• bkfdwife
    17 years ago

lookout! Carlene's in love again! hahahahahahaha...glad you figured it out toots...
    Carlene? ....
    Car?????
    CAR>>>>>>????
    yup..off to embroidery..we might never see her again...
    hehehehehehehe
    Lisa

• jackierooke
    15 years ago

I just got this machine and am floundering. How long should it take to format the USB stick? The screen came up that says do not remove and its been there for 10 min or so now. Can you advise?

Jackie

• kathykraft
    15 years ago

I just bought a Janome 350e and my dealer said I have to buy a digitizer JR software package. He said I can't download any embroidery designs from the internet without installing this software first. It costs $500.00 and I don't want to buy it if I don't really need it. I have a USB flash drive but I can't figure out how to use it. Help!

• postex
    15 years ago

Kathykraft

With a USB stick you can download designs in the Jef format to your machine without buying anything else. You can purchase Embird to convert designs to Jef. It does lots of things the more expensive programs do. It is about $100. It isn't too difficult to learn and there are Embird forums with lots of help or you can buy tutorials. See my earlier post and maybe that will help. You have a nice machine and it will be fun to learn to embroider.

• jacee
    14 years ago

thanks for this info.

• kathykraft
    14 years ago

I heard there was a Janome upgrade that you could download that would enable you to use a giga hoop on a 350E. I went on the Janome web site and could not find anything. Does anyone know about this?

• angiecali2014
    6 years ago

Help. I have a Janome 350 Embroidery sewing machine. I bought the giga hoop and software 10 yrs ago and never did use it. My problem is the software is outdated.. for Windows XP. Now I have Windows 10. I checked Janome website trying to get a updated software. Anyone who has the giga hoop and correct software send it to (angiecali2014@yahoo.com) help me out so I can use my giga hoop. Or please advise me. Thank you

• angiecali2014
    6 years ago

Thank you. I will try that