Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baste in hoop (fix button) help

Posted by Vicky45 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 11:28

I own a Vicking designer SE and have not been able to use the fix button to baste around the design. I push fix and the machine sounds a beep. the button does not light up. I must be missing a step. I know it works because it worked for the instructor when I was taking a class. She is gone now and cant fine anyone to help. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baste in hoop (fix button) help

I don't believe the fix button is for basting around the design. I think it is to tie off or end stitching.

o

My instruction book saids to use the fix button to fix the fabric. Thanks

o

Hi Vicky

Have you figured out how to use the fix button yet?
It only works when you are in the embroidery stitching screen, ready to start. Otherwise it will just beep at you. The screen should show your thread colours to the right of your design. When you are in the sewing screen, the fix button acts as a thread tie-off. You push the button when you start to stitch/finish stitching, it stitches 4-5 stitches in one spot to secure the thread. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Penny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here