Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lpalta_gw

Flour Sack Dish Towels

lpalta
14 years ago

I just purchased Aunt Martha's Flour Sack Dish Towels, size 33"x38", two towels in package. How many towels can I make--I didn't look at the size on the package and they are hugh?

Comments (8)

• tami_ohio
    14 years ago

I use them as they are. I don't make them smaller. I can get them at Walmart, I think they are 5 for $5. What are you planning to do with them?

Tami

• lpalta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am using them as dish towels. But 33" x 38" would make one heck of a big dish towel. I didn't know you could get them at Waslmarts. Thanks so much for the tip....\

• tami_ohio
    14 years ago

Sorry, I forgot to come back and look at this. I use them as dish towels also, and don't want them any smaller! I use the heavy decorated ones as hand towels in the kitchen, but to dry dishes, I want the flour sack towels. They dry the best, and the big size is soooo handy. And they dry fast, too. Oh, and Sam's Club also has them at a good price.

Tami

• lpalta
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Tami, I didn't think to check them out at Sam's Club. Next ones I will keep size as is!

• mammaw11
    13 years ago

Dish towels make the nicest gift don't they? I love giving them as a hostess gift. I bought the ones from Sam's and they have the perfect feel but so huge! I ended up cutting them in half. I find most people use them for decorative purposes so hugh didn't fit the bill.Because I live beyond BFE and Timbuktu most of my sources are off the internet Try this source out acshomeandwork.com. I specially liked the red stripe towel. I ordered a couple of each type just to check them out, very pleased with order.

• blitzyblond_protege
    13 years ago

My family has always used those type of tea towels. Like some of the others I cut them in half. I order a set of six huge ones from the vermont country store then I have twelve. Somewhere I have a whole case of them from when my mother's cousin went nuts and ordered in mass. then she didn't know what to do with them, she can't embroidery anymore. They are in a storage unit i rent. I tell people when i gift decorated tea towels that they are intended for use not looking at and they still end up on display.

• lpalta
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Blondie, do you have photos of your tea towels? I love seeing others works.

• blitzyblond_protege
    13 years ago

No, by the time i'm finished with them i don't want to see them again. I guess i'll have to start taking pics. Sorry.

I can never forget the mistakes on the one screwed-up one that seems to exist in every set i make.

thanks for asking though.

l.marie

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional