Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to this side of GW

Posted by bevhall (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 29, 08 at 10:33

Hi, I just found out GW has a sewing section after oh, over five years? LOL
I have an old Singer sewing machine (early 90's), a Brother xl 5500, a Brother 1043d serger and the Brother 150 embroidery machine. I was doing pretty well for a while, sewing for friends and on ebay, but got sidetracked for the past few years to have my son.

I'm trying to get back into it when I can, and I also have the PE Design and Amazing Box and PE Scan...I never got to use the PE design much, just made one design and it was decent, but...

Any tips/tricks and advice as well as company and commiserating when applicable would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to this side of GW

With all the machines you own you sound like a pro. May I use your knowledge to ask a question? I want to know a good machine to buy. I have a brother SE 270D...it only does a small area! I want a good machine that will do a somewhat larger area. I am super new to this hobby, but so far this Brother has not done what I really want it to. I am looking to upgrade and I heard that Brother has better mid-line selection. I don't care about the Disney images they offer...anyway, I am babbling...do you know a good machine/brand at a fair price? Thanks!
Cheyenne

o
RE: New to this side of GW

Hi Cheyenne, the Brother 700 has a 5x7 area, probably under 1000 (less if you find a good one online) and their upper line goes up to 6x10 I think, but it's a sewing/embroidering and it's a big chunk of money, like 4k?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here