Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imabcgal

Emb Machine with USB port

imabcgal
17 years ago

I purchased after Christmas this year, a Janome 350 E [embroidery machine] which comes with a USB port and 1000 designs built into the computer on the machine. They also have a read/box for over $400.00 in the store [which I did not purchase] so if you want to save designs from your computer, to upload to the embroidery machine.

I was told at the store I bought the machine, that one could purchase a usb connection cord. Only one wee problem, the usb cord would have to have two female jacks, as the norm usb cable cords have a male and female jack. Future Shop said they are made but they were out of stock. Went to office depot and few other stores with no luck.

Then I tried London Drugs, the salesperson was so helpful. I suggested I buy a Transcend Memory stick. Which I did.

They range in priced depending on how much memory you purchase. This is quite the little gadget, about the size of a bic lighter!

It works fine to save designs from a cd onto my computer, then tansfer to the Transcend stick and then plug it into the embroidery machine.

Well now that I have written a short story, this is my problem. I can not save freebie designs from the net on my computer, as it doesn't reconize the file extension .sew or any other related file extensions I have tried. Saving it as a jpeg does not work as it doesn't include the stich or color format. Help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor