Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking questions

Posted by hald (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 05 at 3:25

Can someone compare the Viking 910 and 936 sergers for me? I am leaning towards buying the 936. I think the upgrades might be useful. Also, I was told these machines can sew on fairly heavy leather; is this accurate?

I am definitely getting the Scandinavia 300 sewing/embroidery machine with the usb card reader\writer, & software called 3-D Designer. Should I immediately upgrade to the higher software program?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking questions

It has been ages since I looked at the 910 & 936 so not sure what extra features on the 936. I have the 1002LCD also the 1003LCD and as I recall the newer serger models are heavier, but there wasn't enough difference for me to upgrade as I don't use mine that much anymore I seem to have cut way back on my sewing!
As for the software-it would depend on what your computer is XP? ME? -which...we have discussed here in the past that XP doesn't support the older versions of customizing.

Pat

o
RE: Viking questions

I have the 910, and looked at the 936. For me it wasn't worth the extra money for the 936. If remember right the only differnce was the 936 has a cover stitch, and the 910 doesn't The cover stitch was not important to me, but it is for some people. So I guess it's what you really want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here