Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good small (22'?) flat screen HDTV?

Posted by catbird (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 20, 08 at 22:06

After the first of the year, I want to find a small flat screen TV to sit on our kitchen counter where we can see it from anywhere in the kitchen and from the breakfast table. It has to be less than 18 1/2" high to fit under the upper cabinet, so I guess we'd need about a 22". Can the bases be removed from these if you mount them on the wall? That would save an inch or two in height. I'm hoping prices will come down as the HDTV becomes standard and that the early bugs will have been worked out. I'd appreciate any suggestions about brands and features to watch for. TIA
[Why won't this site let you put " in the title? It substitutes ' instead.]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good small (22'?) flat screen HDTV?

If by "bases", you mean the stands, yes they are removed to hang flat-screen tvs on the wall. If instead you mean any part of the bezel, then no, the bezel cannot be removed. You could also just go to a 19" LCD to be sure to fit in your space. The top 3 brands would be Samsung, Sharp and Sony Bravia. The Samsung and Sharp 19" LCD HDTV's are about $325, while the Sony Bravia 19" KDL-19M4000 is about $450. I don't believe the Sony has anything superior to the other two for that price upcharge.

And if you want " in the Subject title, simply type ' twice.

o

Juliet: Thanks for the information. Yes, I did mean the stand. [And why didn't I think of typing ' twice??]

Does anyone have one of these small TVs? What has been your experience?

o

I have a 22" Samsung Touch of Color (TOC) HDTV. It has 2 HDMI inputs as well as the usual component and composite inputs. The sound and the picture are great and I highly recommend this TV. I bought it last summer at Costco.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here