Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheap small MP3 players with FM radio

Posted by libbyliz (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 25, 07 at 21:22

I'm in need of a very inexpensive small MP3 player with built-in FM radio.

I'd like it to not have any raised knobs or buttons & I'd like it to have a display screen so I can see what's going to play.

I don't want any video capability because I need to give my whole attention to the ground & feet due to an imbalance problem.

Please do not try to sell me on Zune or iPod or anything else of comparable cost/bells & whistles. I will not look at/purchase such.

I just need something that has a great reputation for its cheap price; not breaking easily, sounding excellent, holding enough songs for three 1-hr workouts at the gym or walks around outdoor tracks ...

Thanks & happy holidays! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheap small MP3 players with FM radio

Sandisk 4GB w/FM

refurbished from Buy.com $59 or save $10 with Google Checkout option

link below:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-sansa-e260-4gb-mp3-player-fm-tuner-fm-on-the-fly-recording/q/loc/111/205537110.html

o

I have used RCA, Sandisk, iRiver and Sonys over the last 5 years.

I would recommend one of the iRiver MP3 players .... very simple drag and drop loading of songs ,,,,sound qualiy comparable to iPODs. Cheap on ebay. The 512mb memory will hold at least 90 songs and has FM. Comes with an armband usually. Uses one single AA battery ,,,,, simple power is the best power,,,, a spare AA is always somewhere to be found ,,,, I use the NiMH rechargables.

Avoid Sonys as their computer interface "bites" ,,,, loading them is a pain. Avoid any device with an actual hard drive ,,,, they are more prone to shock,,, and they will fail eventually. Ya I know there cool ,,,,, but a friends with a dead, but pretty iPod has turned me off those,,,,, nice if "value for your money" is not your main concern. The Sandisk I had won used a nice large screen, was simple, sounded great and was OK to load but it wasnt so good as to go to the trouble of installing and learning it to replace any of the 3 iRivers we run in this family.

One complaint with iRiver is they have lots of shared buttons ,,,,, so learning every feature is a bit cumbersome. I also use a Sony-Ericson phone/camera/mp3 player for music now ,,,,, combines devices for me ,,,,, great sound ,,,,, but the interface just "BITES" (I really mean it!).

Good luck,,,,,,KC

o

My son refused to buy an Ipod, so he got the CreativeZen mp3 player. Has had it for a few years and loves it.

o

Thanks for the info.

I was considering a SanDisk, but maybe not now. ???

I was also considering an iRiver.

o

find some local stores that you can try them.

Walmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, ect.

o

You can actually play around with & listen to them?!?!?! 8-O

o

A friend just told me about three types she found on eBay, they're from Japan I guess & they look like iPod knock-offs.

I didn't see any names associated with them, but after shipping she paid around $50 or maybe it was less.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, does anyone know if these are good or bad?

o

woot.com has the refurbished 4GB sandisk for
$50 + $5 shipping
ONLY UNTILL MIDNIGHT 1-07-08
(items change EVERY DAY)

buy.com still has the refurbished 4GB Sandisk NOW $64 FREE SHIPPING.

link below

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-sansa-e260-4gb-mp3-player-fm-tuner-fm-on-the-fly-recording/q/loc/111/205537110.html

o

Creative Zen Stone....

o

Bought 2 sandisk mp3 players with 1 gb for my 2 sons (teens) few years ago for Christmas. Each has been through the washing machine and is still working. They are small and durable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here