Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gatorguy_gw

samsung dlp tv

gatorguy
14 years ago

I have a 67" Samsung DLP, with which I have had nothing but problems. In the past 4 years, the color wheel has been replaced, the light engine has been replaced, and the bulb has been changed at least 3 times. Fortunately, I had bought an extended warranty through repair tech. My TV has died again and unfortunately, RepairTech is now out of business, with 3 months remaining on my warranty!

So, I replaced the bulb and the ballast myself which did not "fix" the TV. I called a local company who came out and said the light engine needs replacement again (for about $500). So I do not think its worth spending this on a four year old TV, which seems to need a repair once a year.

I have decided to replace this with a 65" panasonic plasma (S1 series) as we have another plasma in the BR and have been pleased with this over the last two years. (please do not suggest that I should have gone with LCD).

I apologize for going on like this, with no real question, but I am disgusted that a 4 year old TV, which ran about 4K new is toast, and although Samsung may have other fine products, I will not be purchasing from this company again.

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County