Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plasma TV clicks

Posted by sjt2900 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 12, 09 at 17:17

We have a Hitachi Plasma tv-42HDT79 that makes an intermittent clicking sound when the tv is turned off. The sound seems to be the same as the clicking sound that's made when you turn the tv on. Does anyone have any ideas why it's doing this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plasma TV clicks

No, but I occasionally hear this on my 2yr old panasonic plasma in my BR.

o

I also experience the same thing with my 3 and half year old lg lcd tv ,I'm not sure if this because its already quite old or maybe its already have some technical problems, though its still working well. I also have a plasma tv with the same brand and it doesn't makes an intermittent clicking sound even though its a lot older...

Here is a link that might be useful: 37 lcd tv

o

I have a two Panny plasmas from 2006/2007 model years, a 42" and a 58" and they both do this. Hasn't caused any problems so far.

o

Speaker click or other?

o

In my case, it sounds like a relay click, the same exact sound that is made when the sets are turned on or off. I don't believe it has to do with heating up or cooling down because they will "click" when they have been off for days.

The 42" phantom clicks more than the 58", for what it's worth.

I don't hear any clicks while they are on in normal operation.

o

I have had a plasma TV for a long time and havent had this problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Life Insurance Comparison

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here