Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Couple DTV converter questions

catherinet
15 years ago

Hi all,

We bought several of the Zenith DTV converter boxes and have hooked some of them up. Haven't attempted them on the TVs that have a VCR and DVD too yet. Too scared. haha

Questions: Why can't I get one of the channels now that I used to get? Is it because its one of those low output stations? Supposedly I can click on a button on the box, and allow the low signal in, but I can't find it. But is that why I can't get it now? Are there some local stations that just couldn't afford to go to digital?? Will they pretty much go out of business??

Question #2: Why do some of the stations show a full screen picture, while others show a smaller one, with a black frame around it> Can I change that?

I have trouble reading instruction manuals, and have found that if I ask direct questions, I can understand the answers better.

Thanks for your help!

(P.S. I have printed off the older posts about connecting things up with a VCR and DVD, so that will be helpful when I'm connecting my other stuff up.) I just hope I don't get caught in all the wires behind the TV and no one ever finds me again. ;)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!