Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A remote question, not electronic -- I wear the print off ....

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 17, 07 at 14:05

A remote question, not electronic -- I wear the print off the buttons. Probably just a bad habit and I should learn to use the remote control differently.

I have tried relabeling the buttons with a Sharpie - doesn' last for more than a few days.

Does anyone else have this problem? If I were to get a new one is there something I could treat the buttons with to protect the print?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A remote question, not electronic -- I wear the print off ...

not much you can do. if you are using it enough to wear the print off, you should "know" where the buttons are now anyway. i never try to relabel mine, as i know which one is which and if my wife DARES use it she can just figure it out! j/k

serioously though, i find that my fingers do knwo where each button is, but if i try to think about it i usually get them wrong.

o

When you watch the tv put the remote down.

And don't surf so much during the commercials. :-)

o

Probably the acid in your fingertips. Invest in some very thin gloves...(I'm serious, lol!)

o

You can get an inexpensive universal remote and use it for most functions. When the buttons get unlegible, get another universal.
You can save the original remote to perform those functions that a universal does not.
Don't give up the surf!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here