Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vcr does not work with dtv converter pls help

Posted by idahoslim (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 13:11

I have tried everything and my RCA converter does not work with my VCR. I have hooked it up and it will not record programed shows while I am at work. I set it to record at 3pm on channel 2 and at 4pm on channel 6 and it just records static because the converter box has to be on channel 3 to show the DTV...I hate this...
Does anyone have a clue how to make this work? I even tried using 2 converter boxes and still it will not record programed shows. It works fine if I set the Converter box to the station I want to record and hit the record button but why do I need that? If I am at home I will simply watch the show, I need to record different times and channels when I am away from home. Please Help my gardner friends I am pulling out my hair with this...

IdahoSlim
Julyjns@yahoo.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vcr does not work with dtv converter pls help

If the converter is connected to the VCR, you can't change the channels with the VCR.

You'll eventually need a VCR with a built-in HD tuner if you want the VCR to change channels.

You can always use the old VCR to watch any tapes already recorded.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here