Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Burning music CD's - wrong forum?

Posted by marys1000 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 17, 06 at 11:59

I'm not sure where to ask this. I have an old eMAC and a couple of years ago I "bought"/downloaded some music from iTUNES onto the computer. I put the on a CD but could never get them to play in any CD player.
Anyone know precisely what format and type CD I should be using? What else could my problem be?
Thanks,
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Burning music CD's - wrong forum?

I think you might have better luck in the computer help forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here

o

I use CD-R. I find that the other format - CD-RW - doesn't work everywhere I need.

o

You should use CD-R CD's, since they are cheaper. Just let the iTunes application burn the CD for you. Does your eMac have a CD burner?

If it does, first create a "Playlist" in iTunes, and name the Playlist as you wish. Drag the songs that you want, into the new Playlist folder. The songs will be either in the "Music" folder in iTunes, or in the "Purchased Music" folder in iTunes. You may want to drag the songs from the Music folder and leave the Purchased Music folder alone.

Once you have dragged about 18 songs to the new Playlist, make sure each one has a check-mark on the box next to each song. To check-mark all the songs in the Playlist at once, press and hold the "Apple" key, and with the mouse pointer "click" on the first box. Now all the songs should be selected.

The next step is to click on the iTunes "Burn CD" box (just follow the dialog after you have clicked in the Burn CD option). This CD should play on most CD players.

o

I suggest you try M4V Converter Plus, it can solve your problem easily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here