Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips SE6554B cordless phones

Posted by bronwynsmom (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 27, 08 at 11:40

We are shopping for new home phones, and like the look of this one. The question I can't find an answer for is...does this phone allow more than one handset to be in use on a call at the same time? Our current phone doesn't, which is annoying in the extreme when we are talking to our families in other places!
Any information, and opinions of the phone generally, are welcome. Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Phillips phone model

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips SE6554B cordless phones

Do you want to be able to have 2 or more people in your home to be able to talk to the other party or to be able to have 2 or more people be capable of talking to different parties at the same time?

o

I might be wrong, but I haven't seen a system that lets you use two handsets at once for a phone call; only when using them as an intercom with each other.

o

my AT&T 9100 (old) does let you talk to the caller with more than one handset.

It's nice when someone calls, and it's for another person in the house,
and you holler to that person to pick up the other phone....

o

I don't believe that any of those newer multi-phone DECT 6.0 packages allow multiple phones to be used at the same time. The remote units all talk to the base unit to get their connectivity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here