Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New cell phone choice?

Posted by jump427 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 12, 08 at 11:36

My wife needs a new phone. Her dated razor is having issues. We use ATT now and would like to continue w/them but would consider sprint or verizon. We are not texters but need internet and email. Im looking at the LG VU or the ATT Quickfire from att. With a 2 year deal these are $99. Iphone would be nice but an extra $100 and $15 more per month = to much. Any experience with these phones? Any other suggestions? thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New cell phone choice?

I would wait to see if Walmart after Christmas comes out with the iPhone 4GB version for $99! Otherwise; if you like your Razr; ATT has a Razr V3XX that you should consider too! It is the updated version of the original Razr with faster processor. But if you can bear the extra cost of $15 more per month; the iPhone is the way to go!

o
RE: New cell phone choice?

Wal*Mart is not going to bring in an iPhone for $99. In fact, the best information is that they'll manage $197.88 or such -- nothing to get excited about unless you don't live near an Apple Store or at&t store. And, really, the $100 you might have saved on a $99 iPhone is peanuts compared to the cost of using it every month for a couple of years.

jump, I don't know how much "internet" you need to have. If you are looking for a laptop/desktop experience on a phone, the iPhone and maybe TMobile's "Google" phone are going to be as close as you can get these days.

If, however, you just want the ability to surf to some popular sites, check and send email, etc., there are any number of phones from LG, Samsung, and some other vendors which offer "full HTML" browsers (full HTML, but not necessarily Java or Flash or Shockwave...) and BIG keyboards that make text messaging or typing in URLs quite easy. I'm on Verizon, and have their LG Voyager. Great keyboard, good performance, and I don't need to give Verizon another $20-30/month for a data plan. Hope that helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here