Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? about samsung remote......

Posted by ritamay (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 29, 08 at 11:32

Hi all,
We just bought a new Samsung television (ln52a750, if that matters).
Well, we can't seem to be able to program the remote control. It takes both the new one and our old one to be able to operate the t.v.
Is this normal?? That would be pretty dissapointing!!
Of course, they were beyond unhelpful at Best Buy...the girl was actually texting as she was speaking to us, so we should have known we were in trouble!! LOL!!

TIA
Rita

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? about samsung remote......

Here is a website with the information I think you need.

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?PG_ID=3&AT_ID=5716&PROD_SUB_ID=41&PROD_ID=-1

o

The more important thing is the remote -- not the television. Some are easy to program, and some are sophisticated enough to hook to your computer and have it program over the Internet. Some have programmable buttons, so that you can re-assign a button to serve another purpose. Chances are, it can be done, but the question is can you find the help you need before your frustration gets the best of you and you return it, or throw it out the window?

o

Don't get me started about Best Buy!!!!

I bought the touch screen remote from them when I bought a home theater system from their Magnolia division. (I'm going to make a separate post about how I was mistreated.)

I found someone who just programs remotes. Mostly he works for high end home theater installers, but he takes some jobs directly from consumers. His name is Vince. Here's his email Vincent.J.Bova@comcast.net. For a reasonable fee he completely solved my problems.

o

How about their 800 number? I have had good results talking to tech reps at several companies who answered my questions successfully or told me to return the product...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here