Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Getting a ringtone for my Motorola Altell phone

Several months ago, we signed up with Altell family plan. Everybody got new high tec phones but me. I settled for a used motorola with no bells or whistles, which was good enough for my limited cell use. However, I was bummed to find out that I couldn't get a specific ringtone that I just would love to have, because my phone didn't have internet capabilities. Specifically, It was the sound of a Dragster revving up and heading down the dragstrip. Several of which I was able to find on the internet.

For xmas, my wife and daughter teamed up and got me a new Motorola V710, mostly just so I could get the ringtone I really liked. My daughter got the sound I wanted to my cell phone (from Audiosparx) and it's in my inbox.

Problem is that we are unable to transfer it to the ringtone section.

We didn't know what type of file, so we had it sent as a MP3.

I took a trip to my local Altell dealer, where we got our plan from, and he was unable to do it, and as a last resort he called Altell technical service and was told that it wasn't an Altell product that we wanted and refused to go any further. Local Alltell dealer said try to have it sent in MIDI format, But Audiosparx doesn't support MIDI.

After 2 days of internet dead ends, I guess I just need someone to tell me to quit beating on a dead horse and settle from the meager crappy offerings that Altell will allow.

I just wanted to buy 1 ringtone, 1 time. I guess in this fickle day and age, that's not the norm.

Thanks,

Geezerman

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES