Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Store's price match policy

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 07 at 9:55

We bought a Sony TV from Best Buy on November 10. The sales associate said if we found a better price within 60 days, they would match it.

I found that Best Buy actually has the TV on sale this week. When I called the store, they said it's only a 30 day window.

I told him we could go to the store this Friday the 14th; he said their computers couldn't handle the change after 30 days.

Is there any way around this? I checked every week, and no stores had this TV on sale. My husband travels extensively, and Friday is the only day we can get to the store.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Store's price match policy

Never mind: Under BestBuy.com's Help topics, it's 60 days if you bought an HDTV between June 2007 and February 2008. Just shows that the sales help isn't too helpful.

o

Welcome to Best Buy's customer service.

o

You're a stores worst nightmare.

Few people are going to monitor all of the ads for the TV that they just purchased. They are also going to make it as hard as heck for you to be able to collect the price difference.

Unless you have a lot of time, let it go and enjoy your TV.

o

Last week's Best Buy ad had our TV for $300 less. We went to the nearest store with our receipt and the ad. They credited my credit card for $300 on the spot. I was ready for a battle, but they were very good about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here