Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outside speakers

Posted by debby_1 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 12, 11 at 8:24

I'm in charge of getting the boss a christmas gift and he wants something to attach to the TV and send to speakers outside. I'm totally in the dark about what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
Debby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outside speakers

Hey Debby:
Best Buy (or similar) should stock "Outdoor Speakers".

Look here. . .

(I would get white but, that's me.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Buy Outdoor Speaker

o
RE: Outside speakers

You don't mention, if it's the bosses intention to connect the speakers, using wires, to his TV and then run those wires outside. If this is the care, be careful, There are MANY newer TV's that have no direct output for external speakers, and you would need to connect the audio out on the TV to an amp and then to the speakers.

They do have wireless speakers too, albeit more expensive, but you would still need an extra amp to run them unless the TV does indeed have "Speaker output Jacks".

Gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here