Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
power cord to fit recessed outlet/receptacle

Posted by bahansen (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 17, 08 at 1:43

The plug on the power cord of my answering machine is too wide for the recessed outlet on the wall where I'd like to mount the machine. I can't seem to find a wider receptacle, so I am wondering if there are generic power cords out there with plugs of varying sizes? Anyone had this problem? Surely there must be a cord that would fit this thing, otherwise they wouldn't make a recessed receptacle this size. At least that is my hope!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out with this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: power cord to fit recessed outlet/receptacle

since the plug is too wide, i take it you have a wall wort. if you try to find another one it will have to be rated for teh same voltage and AT LEAST teh same current. if not it may not work or may damage the machine.

is it possible to plug it in elsewhere and just have the cord run along the wall?

o

an extension cord ?

o

Well it sounds like this could come in real handy: Power Strip Liberator

I bought a bunch a while ago that were only 6" long (or so). It seems they make them just a little longer now a days. But are still pretty cheap. By a bunch and sell a couple to a friend/family member.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here