Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnavox tv wont stay on

Posted by vasqdd (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 07 at 1:01

Hello i hope you can help me i have a 55''magnavox rear projection tv.model number 55p8288a. chassie number PTV910.My problem is my tv will come on for aprox. one hour and then turn off.If i trun it back on it will stay on for a couple of secounds then turn back off.i realy dont want to have to replace my tv any help would be greatly appriciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnavox tv wont stay on

It is most likely the Small Signal Module. There is a module that is plugged into the main board on the left hand side. It plugs in like memory boards in a computer. You release the tabs and push it sideways and out. You have to remove the plastic holder over the top ot it to get it out though. I changed one to repair the same problem you have and it worked. That part is not cheap though. It's a couple hundred dollars so you may want to consider if it's worth the gamble.

o
RE: magnavox tv wont stay on

magnavox tv wont stay on clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings
Posted by vasqdd (My Page) on Sat, Dec 1, 07 at 1:01

Hello i hope you can help me i have a 55''magnavox rear projection tv.model number 55p8288a. chassie number PTV910.My problem is my tv will come on for aprox. one hour and then turn off.If i trun it back on it will stay on for a couple of secounds then turn back off.i realy dont want to have to replace my tv any help would be greatly appriciated

I wonder where one can find that "Small Signal Module" if they are willing to part with the couple hundred bucks?
Magnavox 55'' projector tv (model # 55p8288a)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here