Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
opinions on a new product

Posted by CsuHealth (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 23:24

Hi everybody,

I need your help. I'm a student that is doing a project on this new product that sanitizes phones. The device is also supposed to have quality speakers.My question is would you actually buy this kind of product if it was priced 200-250? What in particular would grab your attention?

Any info or opinion would greatly be appreciated.

PS this is not spam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: opinions on a new product

200-250? You have got to be kidding. what a joke.

o

Sushipup,

What price would you consider reasonable? Would the sanitizing component capture your interest? The product has does not use UV or chemicals and has been proven to be safe.

o

No, I would not be interested at all. I'm all for old-fashioned Lysol if necessary, on the house phone, but no one uses my cell phone but me. Sounds like a solution to a non-problem.

o

Try the Hypochondriacs & Gullible Idiots Forum.

As for "new", selling this kind of "protection" must have peaked about the same time as the TB epidemics last century.

o

Thank You suushipup and laat2!

o

This may be something that an institution might buy, like a hospital or a big company with lots of office phones. Certainly not the average consumer, at that price.

I'm curious, why would a sanitizing device need quality speakers? Does it play music while it's cleaning?

o

@toxcrusadr

The company is looking to sell the product to hospitals, etc. But we also want to find other potential segments of the market.

The product is a docking station so yes it does play music while cleaning. Since the docking station plays music, it would be best to have quality speakers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here