Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you recommend a TV for me?

Posted by Texasgal47 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 19, 12 at 23:02

I purchased a lovely entertainment center which will house a 46" to 50" flat screen TV on a stand. I plan to use an antenna for the next year or two and would like to watch U-tube,Hulu, or stream Netflix. It should also have a good side viewing angle so I can see the side while working in my kitchen. I still watch VCR and DVD movies and do no gaming. My room has moderate light, and the couch is about 150" from the screen. Reliablity is important to me as I keep my TVs as long as possible. The screens with the sharpest and brightest pictures, to me, seem to have the 3D techology. I don't want to overbuy. My price limit is $1000. I'd be willing to wait until spring for prices to decrease with the new models or buy refurbished. I've always been a Sony person but know their reliability has decreased and the side viewing angle is not good. The Vizio XVT3D474SV has wonderful reviews and full array True LED lighting, rather than the cheaper edge lit led lighting, plus good side angle viewing. Any suggestions, thughts, or comments would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you recommend a TV for me?

Panasonic TC-PUT50.

o

Mike, thanks for your recommendation. I looked at the online info for this TV, and it does meet all of my criteria. What concerns me is burn in. I'm at that age where I easily fall asleep in front of the TV and don't want to be frequently setting an off timer for the television. Anyone comments from those of you with plasma TV experience would be appreciated.

o

Times have changed. 1000 for tv? I remember buying a Sony 19" CRT mail order in 1980 to save a few bucks. It was built in Japan, and shipped to NY. I bought it from an ad in a stereo mag from a NY dealer and shipped it to MN. I could not fit tv and box in my car so I tossed box and stuffed tv in backseat. I remember taking it to recycling yrs later. Now we all think a 1000 plasma is no big deal. I think any new tv is going to die long before the old CRT tv's life span.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here