Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pioneer Elite pro-610

Posted by j-razz (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 07 at 21:26

My tv has stopped responding to the remote control. It does'nt respond to the original remote or the cable box remote. I even tried a universal and got no response (batteries new in all remotes). I've tried unplugging the tv for a few hours and overnight. When i do this the RC works for awhile then stops working. Any idea what the problem can be? Thanks, James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pioneer Elite pro-610

If you tried a universal remote,such as a Logitech Harmony that downloads from their website the remote codes for almost every component made to the remote via USB cable and it still doesn't work, the chances are that there is a circuitry problem with the Pioneer infra-red circuitry. Something else you might try is setting up your Pioneer through the HDTV's menu for RF (Radio Frequency) reception. Most remotes and TV's of this caliber have the ability to accept both methods. I presume you are currently using IR. Give the RF a try and see if it works. One advantage of RF is that you don't even have to point the remote directly at the TV, while with IR, the remote "eye" has to directly be in a direct visual path to the TV sensor.

If the RF doesn't work I am afraid a Pioneer service call is in order and hopefully you are still under warranty.

Greg

o
RE: Pioneer Elite pro-610

Thanks, i'll give that a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here