Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bose 151 outdoor speakers

Posted by dmgray55 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 28, 08 at 21:07

I have purchased a home with a pair of Bose 151 outdoor speakers on the deck. I would like to be able to connect them to my Dish receiver or home theater. The cables on the inside have a red and a black wire inside each. How could I modify these to connect to my units?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bose 151 outdoor speakers

You cannot connect speakers directly to your Dish receiver. What kind of home theater system are you using?

o

I have a Bose 3.2.1 GSX system. My other question would be could I control when the outdoor speakers were on as I would not want them on all the time.

Thank you

o

I am not really acquainted with 321 systems so I went to the Bose website and looked at the online user manual.

While I believe you could connect the 151 speakers to the 321 system you probably don't want to.

The 321 DVD unit only has audio outputs that connect with a proprietary cable to the bass unit. I believe the amplifier for the speakers is in that bass unit.

The outputs from the base unit to the supplied small speakers is an equalized output. That means the bass unit reproduces all the bass sound and send all the mid and high sound to those small speakers.

If you connected the 151 speakers to the bass unit with an a/b switch (an easy hookup) it would work but sound terrible as they would not have any bass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here