Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Computer question

Posted by jenna1 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 19:51

If this is the wrong forum for a computer question please forgive me and point me to the right forum. But the heading says stuff with alot of wires....which I have in abundance. :))

We're trying to figure out what version our Internet Explorer is on our main desktop. I've checked everything I can find in programs/properties and even went to HELP but can't find anything even remotely close to what I'm trying to figure out. It's really frustrating as it seems that I've seen it somewhere in the past.

My computer is about six years old and is a Vaio/Sony if that helps.

Can anyone tell me what where I should look to find this information?

Thanx much!

Jenna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Computer question

It's most likely Internet Explorer 5 unless you've updated it. Once you start up Internet Explorer, you should be able to click on Help (on the menu bar) and then on About Internet Explorer on that menu. Right underneath the Internet Explorer logo is the version number (the version on my computer, for example, is 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2.gdr.050301-1519CO . Most people would call that "version 6.0".

Hope that helps ...

o
RE: Computer question

Thank you, Steve! That was so simple that I almost feel foolish now. I am a version 6 thankfully (hubby has a project he wants to do for work and it requires 6).

I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Jenna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here