Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

Internet TV/Netflix/Roku etc

sushipup1
12 years ago

We have a Samsung BluRay player with internet function, and we hooked it up to our wireless system to watch Netflix movies.

We got the BluRay player at least 2++ years ago, and I suspect that it was one of the first less expensive ones (under $200) that was internet-ready. The player has functioned pretty well as a player, altho we have to remove the disc and reseat it about 20% of the time. The picture will freeze on the FBI warning unless we start over.

So, the Netflix works a little less well. As in, about half the time it doesn't work, it wants us to re-register and re-set-up, etc. So we quit doing the online Netflix because it was a PITA.

Now, I'm think that the problem is a less-than good BluRay player. It works fine (tolerable) for the primary function, tho.

So, would our solution best be 1) get a new BluRay player, or 2) add a Roku box, dedicated to online movies?

Or is there another solution we should look at?

(As I tell my husband, Bill Gates doesn't have to fumble to watch what he wants. Jim is convinced that Gates has an army of house elves that take care of everything for him, and that he couldn't set up a TV system all by himself if he had to.)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz