Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DIRECTV/removing closed captions

Posted by gma_j (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 7, 06 at 18:05

Since my grandkids were here this past weekend our gameroom television has added the closed captions. Using the DIRECTV remote, I have tried everything I could think of to remove them. I know it has to be simple, so am hoping someone can tell me how. Thanks so much. Jeanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DIRECTV/removing closed captions

What model do you have? I have an HR10-250. Try this. Pull up the Directv Central screen. Go to Messages and Settings. Then Video. Closed Cationing options should be there and you can turn it off.

o

Thank you. My model D10-200. I tried to find the settings you listed by going to menu, but couldn't come up with anything to change (but I am electronic illiterate). Any other suggestions for me, remembering how little I know about this. LOL

o

I just looked at the manual for the D10-200 and I didn't see anything in it about CC. So it may just pass it on through the Directv to the TV.
Have you checked to see if they turned it on in the TV rather than the Directv?
On my Sony remote there's a 'Display' button that will turn CC on and off.

o

Thank you so much for another thought. I'm off to try to find the TV remote (hopefully). I have to leave in about 15 minutes, so if I don't find it right away, I will check it out when I get home.

o

That did it........Thank you so much,jimisham. I never would have thought about the TV as I was so into trying to figure it out from the satellite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here