Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnavox 32' tv gremlin

Posted by ken1010 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 17:24

model no. ms3252s431
chasis no. L01-1UAC-7638

hello,

my 4 year old magnavox 32" tv has broken down 3 times in the last 18 months, all with the same symptoms. the first repair lasted 15 months, the second only 3. i refuse to pay the repair place another $175 to fix it, since their warranty only lasts 30 days.
it starts the same every time; at first the volume bar will show up on the screen by itself and lowers the volume occasionally. the 2nd stage is the tv main menu will show up on the tv, and sporatically move thru the menu items with a mind of its own. I even checked with my neighbors, to make sure their remote wasn't fooling with my tv. the third wave it will do all of this then shut itself off. it will come back on via remote, but may only stay on for a few minutes. the final stage is it shuts itself off and won't come back on, and a quiet chirping sound comes from the back of the unit until i unplug it.
the repair owner was very vague when asked what the repairs were, saying only a power supply item was bad.
i was hoping someone out there could advise on which parts to try and replace. i will gamble $20 at radio shack, but will not pay the repair people again. problem is, our entertainment center only holds certain 32" tv's, and this is one of them.
please help! the wife has hidden my baseball bat, otherwise this tv would be in pieces right now! haha

thanks,

ken1010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnavox 32' tv gremlin

i have the same tv and it is doing the same thing. it is now at the point where it won't turn on at all and i hear a chirping sound. did you ever figure out what the problem was and fix it?

o
RE: magnavox 32' tv gremlin

not yet.... one gentleman on another forum suggested replacing the C2455 47uf@25v, but i'm a novice and don't know where that is..... i'll check back in if i get more info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here