Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Magnavox Tv issues

Posted by laegge04 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 16:13

We have a magnavox tv and recently it has been having some problems of unknown origin. Fairly shortly after it is turned on, either the sound goes out, it freezes on the channel or it starts buzzing. Each time something happens it has to be unplugged and plugged back in to be able to turn it back on because it won't turn off after those things happen. It usually takes a couple times turning it on and off before it finally starts working. Any ideas on what could be the problem??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Magnavox Tv issues

I also am having problems with my 27 inch Magnavox Tv. When it comes on, a white line appears 1/4 the way down the screen, then about two inches of the picture disappears from top of the screen and the white line remains where the actual picture begin, and the black 2 inch section and the white line ends.

Anyone who could tell me what the problem is would be highly appreciated. The television was hardly used. It use to be in my television room, and no one watched the television in that room. About 4 months it was moved to my bedroom. So it may be five years old, but it should be as brandnew with very little viewing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here