Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swapped

Phillips 50P8341 chassis PTV915 Problem

swapped
18 years ago

Hey guys, I just got a Phillips (looks about 50 inch) projection tv from a friend.

Model Number 50P8341

Chassis Model Number PTV915

Manufactured 7/26/01

3911Y261G

Here is what the prolem is. The tv has a blurry picture. Like the brightness is too high sort of. Colors are blurry even when i go to do convergence on the cross it will line up perfectly but have a glow around the cross, blue more the others. The other thing is the it will just turn off whenver it feel like it. sometimes it will be on for 10 minutes, sometimes it will be on for half an hour, sometimes it wont really turn off. Does anyone know anything about this problem or how i can fix this. Its a really nice tv and i really dont want to throw it out.

Thank You

Comments (4)

• swapped
    Original Author
    18 years ago

also, if i leave it plugged in for a long time it will just keep on turning off everytime i turn it on. when it does turn off the led on the power button will blink twice then pause blick twice pause and repeat. Dont know what that code stands for but i'm sure someone here does. also the label for input on the top left of the screen will sometimes jump all over the screen (stays in the same part on the x axis, but goes up and down like scrolling on the y-axis.) the picture is find its only the label that does it. thanks you

krys

• lilsoutherngrl23
    17 years ago

Model Number 50P8341
    Chassis Model Number PTV915
    Manufactured 7/26/01
    3911Y261G

Here is what the prolem is. The tv has a blurry picture. Like the brightness is too high sort of. Colors are blurry even when i go to do convergence on the cross it will line up perfectly but have a glow around the cross, blue more the others. The other thing is the it will just turn off whenver it feel like it. sometimes it will be on for 10 minutes, sometimes it will be on for half an hour, sometimes it wont really turn off. Does anyone know anything about this problem or how i can fix this. Its a really nice tv and i really dont want to throw it out.
    also, if i leave it plugged in for a long time it will just keep on turning off everytime i turn it on. when it does turn off the led on the power button will blink twice then pause blick twice pause and repeat. Dont know what that code stands for but i'm sure someone here does. also the label for input on the top left of the screen will sometimes jump all over the screen (stays in the same part on the x axis, but goes up and down like scrolling on the y-axis.) the picture is find its only the label that does it. thanks you

did you ever figure out how to fix the problem mineis doing the same thing please help

• panela
    16 years ago

i have the same model and chasis my problem is i have no sound and no pic when i push the power on a red light comes on and i hear a click but nothing else.. we checked the three fuses that we could see and that show good. im beginging to think i cant get help... Hope i find it here thanks in advance

• luvianac_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Hello guys!! I was just wondering if anyone was able to fix the problem with the blurry picture? My friend sold me the same tv model and it has the same problem. I dont know what to do. I already made some changes with the picture and color but i dont see the difference.