Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got a plastic card from Dish in the mail, says insert and...

Posted by albert_135 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 08 at 12:18

I got a plastic card from Dish in the mail, looks like a hotel room key, one side colored with an arrow pointing which way to insert.

The accompanying literature says to insert it in my recievor box and perform a series of procedures.

Every contact I have ever had with Dish has turned out badly (I really like the DVR but I just absolutely hate everything else about Dish.)

Has anyone done these procedures? Have they gone smoothly or been problematic?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got a plastic card from Dish in the mail, says insert and..

I had to do that once about 6 or 8 years ago. Everything went fine.

o

I was on DISH for around 9 years or so! It a no brainer. Your credit card size card is program to block out programming that is not offered in your plan. Just insert the card in the DVR slot and turn on your TV and then your DVR and it will guide you through the steps 1 at a time. May take up to 25 minutes to complete so be patient.

o

I am getting a "smart card" error message. Fleeting. When recording a few minutes after midnight the incredibly fleeting message occurs and the recording stops. The next night the same programmed recording happens without incident insofar as I can tell.

Dish customer service tells me they cannot help me unless I am in failure now.

I will go to the dish users forums and ask there, sometimes they answer there too. But, I'm first asking here because I happen to be here. Is this a known problem or something unique to my situation?

o

Try unplugging your Dish receiver for 1 minute and then plug it back in. That initiates the reset procedure in the microprocessor and may make the issue go away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here