Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to buy a wii -- what do i really need?

Posted by stir_fryi (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 12:12

Want to buy my kids a Wii system. From what I understand the console can come with different bundles.

My question is -- what do I have to have as far as hardware? I am interested in playing general video games, not the exercise component.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to buy a wii -- what do i really need?

We have the Wii Fit Plus, which has the balance board and related exercises and games. It came with one remote and one nunchuck. The balance games require the board.

You could play games with just the Wii component (into which you insert the game disks), the sensor (sits on top of or under your TV monitor), a remote and a nunchuck.

There is also an 'add-on' to the remote that makes it more sensitive -- fine tunes the way a player's motions make the on-TV Wii character move.

If you want players to compete together, each needs a remote, and for some games, a nunchuck.

Our whole system was under $300 at Costco four months ago.

STOCK UP ON BATTERIES!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here