Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't Get CC on Recorded Programs

Posted by chisue (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 26, 07 at 11:37

We have the CC-1 selected on our Sony TV and get CC on DVDs and live programs. Why can't we get CC on programs recorded on our Directv HD-DVR? Is there another step necessary to 'capture' and 'play' the CC portions? (These are programs that do offer CC.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't Get CC on Recorded Programs

I don't know about DirecTV or HD, but I have Cable w/DVR and CC works fine on recorded shows.

Does CC work while you're watching a live (not recorded) show?

Does it also work while reviewing (re-winding) a live show ?

o

Yes, we get CC on live shows. Haven't done the reviewing thing.

The display is there on DVDs and live. It's not there when we play anything recorded on the DVR.

I'm thinking the DVR is somehow not capturing the CC, so it can't display it.

It is impossible to get through to DirecTv or I'd be asking them!

o

What is the model number of your Directv HD DVR? Is there an option for turning CC on?
I've read on some of the satellite TV forums that several of the HD channels weren't passing CC and that Directv was working on it.

o

I have Dish and it's an option on the DVR menu to turn CC on and off. I've had to use it a couple of times when a recorded program loses sound for some reason. Direct probably has the same feature.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here