Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
want to know about Philips TV

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 15, 08 at 11:32

I see a lot of people are having the same problem with their Philips TV. I've been looking at the 42in. flat. After all the complaints about those TVs I'm having second thoughts. Do I understand that the problem is the resistor that is too small and if I put a bigger one in it will work fine...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: want to know about Philips TV

The people who have posted on this forum about various Philips and Magnavox TV's have had quite a variety of problems.

There isn't just a simple "One fix takes care of them all" repair that actually will take care of them all.

The TV's break because the MFGR has chosen to make a product as cheaply as possible so there is no tolerance built in. Any little issue and the TV just breaks.

This isn't a recent phenomenon. They have had this for 20 years now. The store I used to work in had to stock dozens of tuners for Philips and Magnavox tube tvs as they were a long time problem area.

Just like your dad always said, you get what you pay for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here