Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone recommend a TV tutorial?

Posted by donnar57 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 10:46

Within a year, we're going to bite the bullet and buy a new TV. The last time we bought one, we bought a rear-projection 41" screen (Sony) and the accompanying home theatre speakers.

Now we're confused - so much has come out since then....HD, plasma, flat-screen ...

The system is going into a 14'x20' family room for which we have left one wall that is completely window-free.

Help! We need a tutorial online before we face a salesman who is only interested in selling us his highest commission system! Anyone know one?

Thanks,

DonnaR/CA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone recommend a TV tutorial?

Go to Costco, which is mercifully free of those salesmen. Start with the Consumer Reports info.

We just bought a new TV so I feel your pain!

o

Here is a link to a post you may find helpful. Scroll down and read my posts. If you have further questions, please pose them in the electronics forum and I'll try to help you out.

Klaa2

Here is a link that might be useful: Read for more info

o

KLAA2 - that's exactly what we need! I'll have my husband read it, too!

Thanks!!

DonnaR/CA

o
Philips Magnovox 9P5031C102 Projection television

Screen will not come on and no sound, indicator light comes on. How do I repair this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here