Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need HELP with cordless phone range

Posted by dms1973 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 17, 13 at 9:07

I still have a landline and my cordless phone does not cover the entire area after adding on to the house. I'm using a 2 line (needs to be 2 lines) Panasonic KX-TG9382T which is a Dect 6.0 phone. Because its 2 lines I've been told that I cannot use the extender that is sold separately.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could try to resolve this issue. The house is 3400 sq ft and has plaster/lathe walls in the original part of the house which is a little less than the half of the total square footage. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need HELP with cordless phone range

I trust you've already located the base station as centrally as possible to where the wireless handsets are used. Such a location should be a spot where the signal needs to pass through the fewest number of walls to get to the areas of use.

One alternative would be to use two different cordless systems (with different broadcast frequencies) to get one base stations located closer to each of two separated areas of use.

Another would be to use Google phone and forward your landline calls to your cell phone.

Another alternative would be to get something like an Ooma system that transmits calls over Wifi to their proprietary cordless phones.

This post was edited by snidely on Mon, Nov 18, 13 at 13:19

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here