Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Need HELP quickly re: big camera and uploading

catherinet
15 years ago

Hi all,

My son is a college student in telecommunications. He's home for Thanksgiving, and has a big film project due in a couple days. He unfortunately waited until now to do the filming, because he wanted to use my husband's office for the film location.

He has borrowed a really nice camera (Canon XL2) from his old high school T-COM department. The problem is: he can't seem to get ANY computer (he's tried about 4-5) to accept input from it. This means he can't upload the film or edit it. He's tried taking the actual film cassette and putting it into someone else's camera and trying to upload it onto their computer, and that doesn't work either.

They've supposedly got all the possible info on the Canon website, but nothing was helpful. I'm trying to convince them to call them directly.....but DH doesn't seem to want to "ask for directions"! Unfortunately, it being a holiday weekend makes it even harder to get help anywhere.

They spent about 13 hours yesterday trying to upload this film without success. He and my husband have tried everything to get it to upload to a computer, and it just won't work. They're very frustrated and say they've tried everything. They're both fairly computer savvy.

Any wild ideas that might help??

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!