Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
adelap_gw

TV remote not responding but...

adelap
17 years ago

Hello:

Hello, wonder if anyone came across a similar experience?

I bought a Panasonic TV with an RCA RCR450 Universal Remote from a neighbor who moved out. The TV works perfectly. The remote worked fine for a few months, but now it just stopped. The only thing that works is the indicator light when pressing any key...but the remote is not responding at all. I went to RCA website and copied down the TV codes...but I don't know how to insert those codes. I pointed at the TV and tried to follow their instructions, I pressed the TV button, and entered those codes one by one...but nothing happened!

Would anyone know what is the procedure for those blessed codes? :o) I'd like to try it before I have to buy another one which I'm not sure if it's worth it... BTW, I tried that interesting test one of the experts recommended: click it in front of a radio that's on to find out if the remote works, and it does, since I did hear a tiny buzz-like sound or something. Problem is to find out what makes this remote tick... LOL!

Thanks so much for any help. Adela

P.S. In case I'm not describing this well, here's the RCA website link:

http://support.rca.com/doc/rca1833.xml?docid=983&Referring%20DocID%20List%20Index=1&navtypeid=6&pagetypeid=2&prevPageIndex=5&selectedmodel=RCR450&selectedFamily=generic

And this is what I don't understand:

[QUOTE]Code Entry method was used to enter the codes for your brand and the unit is still not functioning properly, try one of the Code Search methods instead.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again! :-)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company