Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is my plasma dying

Posted by carnat (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 3, 09 at 1:52

I have a Hitachi 42EDT41 plasma. When I turn on the tv, I have colored speckles on the screen that fade a little after warm up, but never completele go away. The tv is only 5 years old and I have been told that this should not be hapening. I do not want to sink alot of money into the tv if it is dying.

Please can anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is my plasma dying

Well, of course it shouldn't be happening. Something is wrong for sure. Sounds like some pixels getting stuck turned on at particular colors. If you can live with it, ignore the problem until it gets worse or you decide to replace the panel. Mine had one dead (black) pixel when new out of the box, but it hasn't gotten any worse in 7 years and I can't even see it during normal use. Have to get right up at the panel and search for it on a white screen.

o
RE: Is my plasma dying

These problems also arise due to voltage, pls check the voltage or add a stabilizer to your plasma TV, If you can live with it, ignore the problem and continue the normal life.
This may also be due to pixel crunching.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here