Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dismantle

Philips Magnavox 25ts54

dismantle
16 years ago

Help Pee Wee,

I'm helping a friend trying to repair their tv. It's a Philips smart series 25ts54 c122. A part on the board has burned up (It's blue-green and assuming it's a capacitor) the position on the board it C506. Unfortunately it burned up enough I can't get any details from the piece. The TV started to smell funny and then smoke started coming out so they unplugged it. Later when they plugged it in, it wouldn't turn on but was making a quick ticking sound and then started smoking again. I removed the burn part and the TV now turns on and works without smoking. Obviously the parts there for a reason and would like to replace it but I don't know exactly what c506 is. *** Based on posts - I replaces the c506 with an upgraded 820pf 3kv capacitor and now the TV turns on and I have sound but now I only get a horizontal thin line. What happened? It was working OK without the capacitor at all and now it won't work with or without the capacitor - just a horizontal line in the middle of the screen. What should I be looking for now??

Sponsored
COLAO & PETER Luxury Outdoor Living
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
VA, MD, and DC's Award-Winning Custom Pool Builders | Best of Houzz