Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Magnavox 25ts54

Posted by dismantle (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 07 at 1:46

Help Pee Wee,
I'm helping a friend trying to repair their tv. It's a Philips smart series 25ts54 c122. A part on the board has burned up (It's blue-green and assuming it's a capacitor) the position on the board it C506. Unfortunately it burned up enough I can't get any details from the piece. The TV started to smell funny and then smoke started coming out so they unplugged it. Later when they plugged it in, it wouldn't turn on but was making a quick ticking sound and then started smoking again. I removed the burn part and the TV now turns on and works without smoking. Obviously the parts there for a reason and would like to replace it but I don't know exactly what c506 is. *** Based on posts - I replaces the c506 with an upgraded 820pf 3kv capacitor and now the TV turns on and I have sound but now I only get a horizontal thin line. What happened? It was working OK without the capacitor at all and now it won't work with or without the capacitor - just a horizontal line in the middle of the screen. What should I be looking for now??

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here