Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Palm Treo

Posted by charlie2003 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 22, 06 at 21:56

Hi!

I'm considering buying a Palm Treo.

I just wanted to ask if anybody else has this, how you like it, is it easy to figure out?

Also, I currently have a Palm Tungsten E. Is it possible to transfer my information from the Tungsten E to the Treo?

I understand the Treo has web/email options. How does this work exactly? Is it a separate subscription apart from the monthly mobile plan? I.e. a separate internet plan? Or is it part of the mobile minutes plan?
Never had a phone with email options so am slightly clueless about this.

Thanks in advance,

charlie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palm Treo

I don't have one, but, at it's heart, it's a Palm. It will be as easy to use as your Tungsten. As for transferring data, you should be able to just sync your Tungsten E with your computer, unplug the Tungsten E, plug in the Treo, and sync your info to the Treo. Easy-peasy.

As for how the email works, you have a couple of options. One is to use email from whoever provides you your email on your computer. Another is to start using another service (like Yahoo!) for Web-based email. Pricing for all this is up to the phone provider. I know Verizon will not let you buy a Treo without buying a data plan. I don't know how other carriers handle it.

o
RE: Palm Treo

Hi again, Steve o!

It seems as though you have the answers to all my techie-related queries. :)

I have Verizon. That's what I was wondering about- the 'data plan'. I imagine that is something separate than the regular phone plan. Sounds like I have to visit a Verizon store to sort out the clinks.

Loads of thanks again for all of your help.

Cheerio,

charlie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here